Here are the guidelines as found on the official notice from the Finance Ministry, with the erroneous one (#5) partly crossed out.
Will the Finance Ministry reform guideline #5?
- The symbol should be sent only on an A-4 size paper in black and white print.
- A graphical construction of the symbol design in exact proportions in a bigger size, along with final design, Theme synopsis and concept is required to be submitted.
- The symbol should represent the historical & cultural ethos of the country as widely accepted across the country.
- The size of the final design should not be smaller than 232 square cm (36 sq inches). It is to be submitted along with minimum TEN different proportionally smaller sizes up to 4 points font size of the text matter.
- The symbol should be applicable to standard keyboard.
The symbol has to be in the Indian National Language Script or a visual representation.
The symbol should be original work of the participant and must not infringe the Intellectual Property Rights of any third party.
- A participant can send a maximum of two entries.
- The entry could be an individual project or a team project.
- The entries received without the requisite fee shall be out rightly rejected.